Thursday, February 9, 2012

Is it really relevant?

In a period of reflection today I got to thinking about time. How some days go faster and some go slower or how time relates to your life.  I'm not trying to be deep or existential (forgiving the spelling) just it was something that I happened to think about in an quiet moment.
I think as you get older time in someways gets shorter. For example when you are little it seems to take forever for a birthday or holiday to come around year after year. Then as you get older the years seem to fly by. My birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I feel like last week was the Christmas season. When I was younger the month between the two seemed to last forever.

Also can you trick yourself in how fast or slow time goes? People always say a watched clock goes slower so if you want it to go faster you don't watch right? Maybe that Einstein guy really was on to something when he said time was relevant to life around us. It seems to affect more our lives more than we want sometimes.

Or maybe this is what happens when I have too much time on my hands and need to find more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment