Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Oooooo shinny....

My job requires me to be able to switch from one task to another quickly and back again...which could mean I am good or multitasking..or as I wondered today as I founding myself switching tasks without a real reason, could also mean I am easily distracted.
I do realize that sometimes at work you need to switch tasks to essentially stay on task and avoid mistakes/errors. (Fresh eyes and all that). But is there a point when it crosses from multitasking to being distracted? It's not necessarily a bad thing especially if it means getting work done and done correctly. Yet, how do you stay right on the line and not cross over?

And this in itself raises another question: how do you determine if one easily distracted or has what they call "ADD"? But if I go too much deeper into that I'm rasising a whole another issue. And I don't like to get preachy here. Maybe I'll continue my multitasking of writing, watching a dvd, conversing with a friend and playing a video game. That seems like a lot more fun..and opens the door for more random ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment