Tuesday, January 3, 2012

back in the day if people suffered migranes did they think they were being secertly assignated?

As I lay in bed today, trying not to fall to the brain destorying pain that was my first migrane in a while, this thought crossed what little part of my brain that was not on fire: if I was back in the 1500-1600s how would I react to this migrane?

First off, if I was a pesant, I'd probably think I was possesed or under an evil spell or curse.  If I was semi-noble (maybe like a lord's daughter) I'd probably come to the same conclusion or maybe it would mark me as "dainty" and "ladylike" because I was so "fragile" falling to an illness like this.

However, if I was royalty...then another thought comes to mind...

Maybe I was being attacked. Maybe my enemies had employed the local witch and is holding an effigy of my body over a flame? Or maybe they sneaked some exotic posion into my potted meat (yes I have read up on the time..potted meat..ew :S ) Or maybe if I was an extremely religious noble I would think that this was God's way of punishing or speaking to me.

Thank goodness I live in an age of modern medicine where I know it has to do with blood vessels and the like. And thank goodness my migrane didn't stop all of my random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment