Sunday, January 8, 2012

Please, ignore me writing notes..

So I had to make a run to the store a little while ago and as I walked in I noticed a lady sitting in her car, clearly waiting for someone in the little street thing that passes in front of the door. Naturally I looked at the car and noted that there was someone in the vehicle and that she was just waiting. Nothing strange about that right?

Then when I came out again about 5-10 mintues later she was still sitting there. Now most normal people would think that whoever the lady was waiting for is taking longer than I did in the store. Me, on the otherhand, think any number of random things the first of which being "She's casing out the store for a robbery" or "She's a get away driver." And as I passed by her car a second time I start trying to remember little details about her car and her person.  What makes it all the more interesting is that this is not the first time I've done this.

Now granted, I notice details alot in my comings and goings through out the day, and I'm sure most people do. But I wonder how many people turn those details into a mental check list incase of a crime or something abnormal taking place? Or is it because of my noticing the details that my mind kicks in to overdrive and uses them to fuel what could be seen as an over active imagination? Maybe it's a sign of a good memory, since I can pull random details and information from my memory and wow (or bore) people with my knowledge/problem solving.

So as I drove away in my car, headed towards home,  I berated myself for not having a scribble pad near buy to write down my rememberings. However, I don't think that lady in the car. had I made notes in front of her, would see my random thoughts as anything less than weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment