Sunday, January 1, 2012

Makeup- Protective Face gear for women

So as I was applying my make up this morning the random thought struck my mind: Makeup is like a face mask for women. Something that they "hide" behind or use to protective themselves. Not that I'm saying it's a crutch or an act of cowardice. No, if you think about it, most women wear make up to cover a weakness or use it as a buffer to ward off unfriendly blows, much like the face mask of a hockey player or baseball catcher or even a brace for a bad knee or ankle.

Now, before some one reads this and starts thinking I'm on a rant about how women should be strong and natural, remember this is a random thought. Just a way I notice that two things that aren't usually related kinda are. I mean who in his or her right mind would connect make up a woman wears every day to a hockey mask?

Yet as I added that last touch of eyeliner and a little gloss for shine, I can't help but notice that now that I have my make up one, I feel a little bit more impervious, a little bit stronger as if I hold the secert to how to be tougher or smarter. That I can outwit my enemy and save the day.

Then I laugh and realize, it's just make up and that was another random though.

No comments:

Post a Comment