Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sirracha...the new ranch dressing?

So as I prepared a salad for my dinner tonight and was using ranch dressing for the topping I got a flash back to high school where we put ranch on everything: pizza, tater tots, fries, grilled cheese, and some times salad (I'm sure that there was more but I can't think of them). Even myself I some times put ranch on ramen noodles.

This lead me down another thought path, foodie (not really) that I am. As of late, most articles I'm reading say that what is stylish in food or what chefs are craving/putting on everything is Sirracha. Something I've never tried.

For those of you who don't know this is how the makers of Sirracha discribe their product:
                  "Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic and packaged in a convenient squeeze bottle. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste. Like all our sauces, we use only the highest quality ingredients and never any artificial colors or flavorings." (thank you http://www.huyfong.com/ )

Granted I'm not a person for spicy food, but reading that this is the condiment chef's are craving and seeing it pop up more and more in resturants and fridges makes me ponder randomly: Is Sirracha the new ranch dressing?

Eh, I think for now I'll stick to my stand by and keep putting ranch on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment