Thursday, January 26, 2012

From point a to point b to point..l?

During a conversation with one of my very good friends tonight about a topic that I would be hard pressed to bring up with few, if any, of my other friends I realized that I had found a new way to measure friendship. You can tell how long/how good of friends you are with someone by the topic of conversation you are having.
Now I'm not going to reveal what we were talking about; after all you as my audience don't have the same relationship as my friend and I have, but I think every person could judge any of their friendships this way. I'm sure that every person who is reading this right now can think of one conversation he/she would have with one friend but not another.

But this brings up an other question. How long before one can start having a conversation about a certain topic with a certain friend? And does it vary depending on the age or sex of the friend? Is there some type of system to this or does each person have his or her own timeline? Can a friend's response move then up or down a "level" of friendship?

Hmmm...perhaps I should go ask one of my friends some competely random questions and see if they are ready for the next level of our friendship....

No comments:

Post a Comment