Saturday, January 28, 2012

Because all my random facts have a point one weekend a year...

It's Trivia Weekend! My alma matter hosts a trivia contest one weekend a year and it is acutually quite famous. But it makes me put a smile on my face because it was nice to that my random facts/knowledge do have a place in the world once a year.
This also made me ponder who came up with this idea in the first place. This trivia contasts literally goes from Friday nite to Sunday nite and does not sleep. (Another reason it worked well for me, because seriously who needs sleep). Also does this possibly explain my love of random knowledge? I mean before college, true I was able to store and recall facts, but after college this skill has definatly become more honed (I think that's how you spell it).

Another random question: Was the creation of this trivia contest a result of what some people would call ADD or over active imaginations? Or was it just a lucky stroke of brillance that grew a following and is now a great way to spend a weekend in January?

All I know is that I'm still waiting for the day when they ask what the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything" is.....granted most everyone will get it, but would still make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment